Wednesday 23 September 2015

Canal Side Gardening



Heron in flight over the still Canal today......

It is very peaceful walking down by Canals. 
It feels like you are a million miles
from the rat race which so many of us live in. 


I go there when I can and it really
is therapeutic, in a strange kind of way. 






Still water, narrow boats cruising at a 
gentle pace, such friendly people, from 
all walks of life, 
choose to live or travel 
on narrow boats.  






           



I took a walk by The Grand Union
Nature and beauty side by side
Canal today, 6.7.15 to get some 
inspration for my blog.  It was 
a bit cool which was a shame.
 












 
 

 


 

 
  
                            


I love walking by canals and watching people who 

live on house boats, going 
about theire day to day lives. 
I find it fasciniating.


 




I looked into this lifestyle but 
it is not so straight forward.


May be it will have to wait until 
I can have a more leisurely
lifestyle and ideally somewhere warm. 




Captured this as boat was going
through a canal lock with
owner's permisson





So here is my first example 
of a 'Mini Garden 
on a Narrow boat.



It looks so colourful and atrractive 
especially at this time of the sumer.




I love this reflection don't you?




I watched a Lady who clearly lived right
 on the Canal with her

watering can taking water from the canal.
and she then went to water her Garden!

 
Wild brambles in early July. 
A treat to pick later on.




Some residents of canal side life 
have the privelidge of a permanent mooring. 

This is where you tend to see a whole lot of 
narrow boats moored together.



So along side this there are 
those lucky people who
 can create their own 'Mini Gardens'
on the land.  



Hanging baskets, planters and little 
sheds all alongside their homes. 



Dappled sunlight
in the afternoon






I love the reflections you see. 
There is something
 serene about water. 


Here there are often lots
 of boats but not today.


 


Some just have their boats to display 
their colourful pots and planters. 


I think this is really nice it if it 
is done tastefully. 

So you can have a Mini Garden 
almost anywhere. 



Nature is great. Wild flowers
grow anywhere



There is so much to see, 
some days
 I see at least two herons either 
standing still or in flight. 



The herons seem to be around
 in the same spots. 

In flight over a certain patch of water or
watching on the canal side.

No comments: