Friday 15 April 2016

Spring Poetry, William Shakespeare, Pablo Neruda etc


Please follow with me my new Spring
poetry blog from some famous Poets.






Sonnet 98 - From you have a been absent


"From you have I been absent in the spring,
When proud-pied April, dressed in all his trim,
Hath put a spirit of youth in every thing,
That heavy Saturn laughed and leaped with
him.


Yet nor the lays of birds, not the sweet smell
Of different flowers in odour and in hue
Could make me any summer's story tell,
Or form their proud lap pluck them where they
grew.


Nor did I wonder at the lily's white,
Nor praise the deep vermilion in the rose,
They were but sweet, but figures of delight
Drawn after you, your pattern of all those.
Yet seemed it winter still, and you away,
As with your shadow I with these did play.

William Shakespeare




What creative words. I love the rambling
tones of this poem. Don't you?





Haiku poetry
"Moonless night ...
a powerful wind
embraces
the ancient
cedars."

 "Wake butterfly
it's late-
we've miles to go
together."





"The moon so
pure
a wandering
monk carries it
across the sand."

D P Bishop


I love the simplicity of Haiku, don't you?



Pure blue,
reflections
below,
Nature is an
art form.





Bursting through
the damp earth,
shoots grow by
the day.





Primrose pale
tiny, compact
                   Looking upwards.                  





Day by day
sunlight on
my leaves,
from tiny green
tip to open flat
and shiny green
newest growth.



See me change
colour at the
tips.
New and
evolving





"My heart beats
and burns,
My restless soul
craves and
yearns,
Through endless
dreams I turn."




 "April's air stirs in
willow-leaves ...
a butterfly
Floats and balances."



"Mountain-rose petals
falling, falling
falling now    ...
Waterfall music."


"Camellia-petal
fell in silent dawn  ...
spilling
A water-jewel."



"Slowly spring
is coming back
moon and plum"
"Kannon's temple -
gazing at its tiled roof
through clouds of blossoms"

Haiku by Matsuo Basho




"O, how this spring of love resembleth
The uncertain glory of an April day."

"We know what we are, but know
 not what we maybe."



"He is winding the watch of his wit,
by and by it will strike."



William Shakespeare

April brings us
hope and belief
that days will be warmer.



"With the coming of spring, I am
calm again."
Gustav Mahler

"I want to do to you what spring
does with the cherry trees."
Pablo Neruda


No comments: