Friday 26 June 2015

Waterperry Gardens, Oxforshire



" I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
Pablo Neruda 




Happy Gardening in 2019.





Gardening is in my blood. 
I have so much to share and give. 


I need to express and share my passion 
and love of this wonderfully 
grounding world of soil and plants. 



Let's start walking around some 
beautifully created gardens.













This is a huge privately owned 
Garden in Oxforshire

It is open all year and is a very 
peaceful haven in the middle of 
the countryside. 


It really is in the middle of no-where
so you do need a car to get there. 

Or it really would take a long time 
to hitch a ride! 





I wanted to take you on a gardening journey 
around the country. Gardens that are set in 
amazing grounds which you may never get 
the chance to see otherwise.


My purpose is to show you ideas and suggestions, 
which with a bit of artistic application you can use 
in your own 'garden space'.  




Unusual double Cosmos


It is very peaceful and 
restful walking slowly 
around beautifully
landscaped Gardens 
like Waterperry.

 

It is a sensual and visual
experience which is so 
calming to the mind and 
it is a great thing to be 
able to escape from the 
mad outside world for a 
while.


 





I do encourage you to try to visit 
Waterperry Gardens.


Summer is a great time 
as there is so much colour to see.







I love this rather 
unusual
California Poppy 
looking so colourful 
and a real delight. 


It was a lovely warm 
summer day making 
this look even better.  




This take me back to my
parents Garden in Edinburgh.

But they were a lot more yellow 
as they usuaully are. 





It was my first trip here for a long time. 
I had been to Waterperry Gardens 
previously on Gardening Courses
and knew I had to return.


It was  good to come back again to find this real
tranquility in an amazing setting. So please follow
me through my blog and hopefully you will enjoy
the journey too.



All  so cheery



There is a plant area at the entrance to the Gardens 
where you will find a great selection of Plants to buy.
The roses were fabulous and a great selection of colour. 





I spoke to a Lady who is working there as a 
Volunteer Gardener. 


She wanted to buy some unusual begonias 
and we had a chat about flowers.



She felt her display at home was not 
shown off to the best 
advantage so I gave her some tips 
and suggestions.






I just love this pot and 
the beautiful dinner plate 
size Clematis behind 
it. 
I love huge pots as 
features especially 
when they have 
aged sitting amongst
the white Cosmos. 






I feel that all Gardens
whatever size deserve 
a feature pot of some
kind. It makes a real 
statement.






Isn't this a perfect colour?





"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar. 
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean buyer
If you're a pretender come sit by my fire
For we has some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!"
Shel Silverstein


This fabulous Theatre in the middle of the Grounds



I am guessing this is used for summer time plays 
and what a great setting it is. 

It has been here for some time but looks so new. 
Love the clean stone work.



I can picture Romeo and Juliette here 
on a lovely Summer Evening





A view through secret walkway




This is very typical of Waterperry Gardens.

Lots of vistas and pathways 

you can take and emerse yourself in nature. 


This Garden has been divided up into different areas.  


There are long borders full of fabulous colour 
at the peak of summer. 

There are so many beautiful plants and you can walk 
across the perfectly mown grass. 


 
Fabulously scented bushy Lavender




I love the walled Gardens and the benefit
the plants get from the extra protection. 


Lovely summer purples



Everything here is growing so well partly 
as it has lots of stone walls to retain the heat



Isn't this fabulous for a Plant display?



I spoke to a lady who was visting from The U.S.
 and she had lived in the area for years but never 
know of Waterperry. 

She loved its fabulous setting. 





One of the long borders 



I love this effect in a huge Garden. 
Border packed with planting.

The blues and the whites together. 
We all can get inspiration from this.





I would recommend a trip to these Gardens 
to see for yourselves what you can do 
with someone's else's Gardening ideas.






Fabulous pink rose buds








This year there are the most amazing 
vartiety of roses all looking so good. 


 
We all love roses but I particularly
 love them 
when they are still in
a tight bud and ready to unravel 
their pretty petals. 




Don't you love this colour combination?
Wide borders and long walkways make 
this place a spectacle. 


Clever planting schemes and using 
the best colour combinations 
makes it work.
 




Such cool coloured poppies




We all love poppies whatever shade 
they are but these are 
rather dainty and unusual. 

Loved by all insects. 
We need to preserve out native wild flowers.  



Have you managed to get some ideas 
from this blog to try 
for yourself? 

Please do let me know. 


 

No comments: