Wednesday 27 May 2015

My Garden Inspiration P1. Hatfield House


 I sit here contemplating ......

Each part of this Garden is divided into different sections. You can walk through the
hedged archways and take in a different border or feature to take away with you.

This view is in a sheltered walled part of the Gardens. 



I have always loved Gardens 
since I was small. I was very 
fortunate to be brought up in 
a family whose parents and 
Grandmother were the
most amazing Gardeners. 


I since trained as a 
Gardener and so it is kind 
of already in my blood. I really 
love to visit other peoples Gardens,
big or small, so I can get inspiration 
and also contemplate the ways of Nature. 
 It is a very therapeutic past-time. 
May is a great time to visit large 
Private Gardens within huge grounds.


The public can, at a reasonable price, mostly,
wander around at their leisure and take in the
atmosphere.

Hatfield House, in Hertfordshire, is one
of  these places which is open to the public
most of the time. 


Mini Iris at Hatfield House by lake

                                                     As a trained Gardener I am clearly
interested in the way these huge
Gardens are designed. I may not
always like the over the top Topiary
and massive yew hedging but it is
definately a place to feel a connection
with nature, to feel peaceful and to
escape from the modern mad world.


 
I have to say that I find that the owners
of these Stately Homes and the like are
not the people I would want to give
my money to but we all do need
to escape and feel a calm and relaxing
part of nature somehow.


So sadly we have to give in and
they provide the show for us.


White wisteria in perfect setting

Many plants give us different memories or evoke certain emotions in us. 
This Wisteria really is something that takes me back to being a young girl
living overseas. I have seen three different varieties at Hatfield House 
including this white variety. It is something else. There is always
something new for us to learn about.

Plants live in different environments, some are physically protected by walls
giving off more heat and perfume, in this case. One of  them was hanging over me and so happy there. 
Plants like us really do benefit from the sunshine.


Isn't this fabulous?


Spring is the best time to take in all the changing colours and beginning of the new cycle of plants.
 

I need to feel peaceful in my mind by being enveloped in a beautiful landscape. 
Gardens which are
beautifully manicured and designed are far from that which we create for ourselves. I need the contrast
of this physical place, to be absorbed in, and connected with it. I am sure that many of you who are reading 
this will feel the same. Gardens which we can borrow will stay in our minds until we are able to return to them.




Here at Hatfield House there are lots of vistas
and personal places. The beauty of it is that
you can escape from other people and be alone
with your floral artistic thoughts.

It has been designed  in such a way that
there are many walks and paths to take
you on different colourful experiences.







 I am going to take you to one of the most beautiful
parts of this Garden now. It is only open once a week 
but it is so worth the extra, small supplement.
See P2. My Garden Inspiration









No comments: