Monday 12 October 2015

Canal Walks and Autumnal Fruits


Autumnal
Elderberries


 
I walk by the Canal a lot. 

I know a lot of the stretch 
I walk and take different 
routes sometimes. 



Peaceful today












This is part 
of  The Grand 
Union Canal in 
Hertforshire. 


I love the calm 
effect of water.







Very few boats
moving today

I love the reflections
of the trees and clouds 
in the still canal water. 

Everything looks different
at this time of the year. 
Light levels are lower 
and shadows seems more
apparent.  



                                 







I love the reflections
here and the colour






I saw a tiny kingfisher in flight 
today. Amazing deep blue feathers.




Happy Duck!





Autumn is here with 
lots of food for our wildlife.





I love looking at the Houseboats
and admire the alternative lifestyle.

Autumn Hawthorn berries






I love the colour of these cygnets
They really are elegant don't you think?





It's a duck's life! 
 


Love the refelctions here.







Fabulous dark
green plumage



It seems  pretty peaceful this duck's life. 
Waddling, eating, bathing.


Seagulls come flocking here




Love watching them flying over the canal.

Autumn brings its
own colour palette 



Water and reflections look so cool here

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Nice pictures.

It's surprising how much the wather and time of year change the look of everything - even things such as canals which the unobservant might think always look the same.